Thomas Dolnicek, MD
Doctor Thomas Dolnicek graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and the University of Nebraska Medical Center with his medical degree. He practiced general Obstetrics and Gynecology promoting women's health in Omaha for several years before moving to Michigan in 1992, becoming an Attending Physician at Providence Hospital. He developed a special interest in female urinary incontinence and other pelvic floor disorders such as prolapse and interstitial cystitis. After obtaining additional training in these disorders he established the division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (formerly Urogynecology) at Providence Hospital. Actively involved in resident and medical student education, he won departmental teaching awards as the Outstanding Instructor multiple years.
He practices predominantly urogynecology (incontinence and pelvic floor problems) but also does some general gynecology. As a champion for women's health, he is strongly dedicated to non-surgical management of these disorders whenever possible and he particularly enjoys geriatric patients. He is also well versed in the newer, cutting edge surgical procedures.
Doctor Dolnicek has four children: a daughter, Jill, living in Chicago, and three sons at home-Peter and twins Nicholas and Christian. He spent four years on active duty in the Air Force including duty in the Vietnam War. He recently ended his service to his country finishing his military career as a flight surgeon and State Air Surgeon for the Nebraska Air National Guard. He enjoys running, wine collecting, and his kids activities as hobbies.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Honors / Awards
- Golden Forceps Award, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers
- Fellow, American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Associate Clinical Professor, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Colonel, United States Air Force (Retired)
- Flight Surgeon of the Year 1999, Nebraska Air National Guard
- Undergraduate: University of Nebraska
- Medical School: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Residency: University of Nebraska Medical Center